RECIPES FOR CROSSFITTERS
The gluten free lifetsyle could be a bleak one if you think you may be giving up pizza forever, this recipe will help a ton! With this recipe, you won't even miss the real deal. I use a shallow baking sheet, but if you have a pizza stone, that will work well too.
- 1 package of Julian’s Bakery Paleo Pizza Crust conveniently sold here: Julian Bakery
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 jar pizza sauce, Rao’s is my favorite because of its Paleo approved ingredients
- 2 Cups cheese (you can omit this if you want a true Paleo-lactose free version, in which case I recommend using olive oil or pesto instead of tomato based pizza sauce)
- Toppings of choice, I used pepperoni and chopped olives
- 2 Teaspoons Pizza seasoning blend from Penzeys or equal blend of: Oregano, Fennel, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Pepper
Mix pizza crust mix and water, until it forms a heavy, dough like consistency. Using arrowroot powder to coat your hands and utensils, press into bottom of parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Top with sauce, cheese and toppings. Sprinkle with spice blend. Broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese is bubbly.