Don’t freak out by the name of this sauce. It is super simple to make, and adds such a punch of flavor.
Marinade for Skirt Steak:
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro OR oregano, chopped
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Place 2-4 pound skirt steak in shallow container. Combine ingredients and pour over steak. Marinade meat for at least 1 hour.
Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano, and garlic (or process in a food processor several pulses). Place in a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately or refrigerate. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro OR oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Grill steak 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks diagonally and top with chimichurri sauce.